Human Resource Development / Training / Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Our associate membership with Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) has provided us with the capabilities to offer internationally-accredited courses to prepare and develop personnel to effectively function in their respective roles within the preparedness for and response to oil spill framework.
We provide :
1. UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and International Maritime Organization (IMO)-accredited Oil-Spill Response Training in joint collaboration with Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL) for taskforce of MRTE(M) Sdn. Bhd. and government agencies who would naturally be involved with Oil-Spill response and Shoreline Cleanup activities.
These IMO courses on oil pollution preparedness and response have been developed for three levels of competency :
- Operational Staff (IMO Level 1)
- Supervisors and On-Scene Commanders (IMO Level 2)
- Senior Management personnel (IMO Level 3).
2. Equipment and model-specific training for planned preventive maintenance of oil-spill equipment based on annual programme developed by MRTE in joint collaboration with manufacturers. Training will include methodological inspection, replacement of parts and standards for criteria acceptance for continued usage of equipment.
EXERCISE / DRILL
➜ Requirement for Annual Equipment Deployment Exercise
➜ Exercise to include Mobilization, Transportation and Logistics support aspects
➜ Exercise used to validate response strategies contained in the response and national contingency plans
3. Environmental Awareness programme to education institutions and government agencies in promoting the significance of Marine environment conservation and the immediate/long-term effects of oil pollution on local industries. To exhibit the regenerative capacity of the environment and how having an efficient oil-spill response service could contribute to minimize the risks involved.
To assist the value of education and providing impact to our presentations, MRTE will provide teaching-aids and "environmentalpacks” to cascade key information to the masses.